Being the most popular messenger service, WhatsApp releases new features and bug fixes frequently according to users’ needs. According to WhatsApp’s press release, users send more than 7 billion voice messages on average every day. To make the voice message more interactive, WhatsApp has introduced a bunch of new features. In this article, we are going to discuss every new feature in-depth.
Keep reading! You should definitely check out the new voice message features.
WhatsApp is a free cross-platform messaging and VoIP service developed by Meta Platforms. It is undeniably the most popular messenger service with more than 2 billion active users around the world.
“Today, we’re excited to announce new features that make the voice message experience on WhatsApp event better.”
-WhatsApp press release
Let’s dive into the new WhatsApp voice message features:
WhatsApp Voice Messages features
We are going to explain all the WhatsApp voice message features one by one:
- Out of Chat Playback: Now you can listen to anyone’s voice message out of the chat so that you can multitask and respond to other messages at the same time.
- Pause/Resume recording: This feature will help you to pause your voice message while recording and resume when you want to.
- Waveform Visualization: You will be able to see a visual representation of the sound you are recording.
- Remember Playback: If you pause a voice message you were listening to, you will be able to play from where you left off.
- Draft Preview: Before sending any voice message, you will be able to listen to the preview.
- Fast Playback on Forwarded Messages: You can play voice messages at 1.5x or 2x speeds to listen to them faster.
Your favorite way to chat just got better. With voice messages, you can now:
⏸️ Pause while recording – take your time when you think in Hindi but speak in English
💬 Listen while responding to other chats because when Mom needs an answer, you answer!
Time to hit 🎙️ pic.twitter.com/tlKgVpRMTG
— WhatsApp (@WhatsApp) March 30, 2022
What features will come to WhatsApp in the future?
According to WABetaInfo, WhatsApp is working on a feature that will allow users to send any file up to 2GB. Even though this type of feature is available on Telegram for a long time, WhatsApp will let users send big files soon. The testing phase is ongoing for iPhone users in Argentina. Till now, you can only send 100 MB files on WhatsApp. However, you will be able to send larger files soon once the update gets released.
Have you checked out the WhatsApp voice message features yet? If not, update your WhatsApp now and utilize the new features. If you are facing any issues, let us know in the comment section below. We will be happy to help you.