Vodafone Idea leads in mobile download speeds first quarter of 2021

In the first quarter of 2021, Vodafone Idea has the fastest mobile network speed in India, according to Ookla’s Speedtest Awards. A speed score of 16.10 Mbps was reported by Ookla, whereas Jio scored just 13.98 Mbps and Airtel got a score of 13.86 Mbps.

In order to identify the fastest mobile network speeds, Ookla analysed 19,718,623 user-initiated tests conducted on the Speedtest mobile applications for iOS and Android from all of India’s major mobile carriers throughout the award period. According to Ookla, the download and median speeds are the most important since they represent what most network service providers’ consumers would encounter on a daily basis.

In the first quarter, 34,87,870 different smartphones were tracked, including the iPhone 11, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Note 8 Pro, and Redmi Note 7 Pro, as well as the iPhone XR, according to the research. A 9.6 Mbps median download speed was recorded among all users. As of this writing, Vi had the fastest average download speed at 11.34 Mbps, Airtel had a median download speed of 10.10 Mbps, and Jio had a median download speed of 8.23%.

The average upload speed was 3.19 Mbps in the first quarter, with Vi recording a download speed of 4.91 Mbps, Airtel recording an upload speed of 3.16 Mbps, and Jio uploading at 2.54 Mbps on average. The 38 ms median delay was found across all samples. According to Vi, Airtel, and Jio, the median delay was 35 ms, whereas Jio had a 40 ms median latency.

Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and Delhi were the test locations for the time trial. In Mumbai, Vodafone Idea’s download speed was 12.95 Mbps, while the upload speed was 4.45 Mbps. Airtel had download speeds of 9.29 Mbps and upload speeds of 3.05 Mbps, while Jio had download speeds of 8.74 Mbps and upload speeds of 3.03 Mbps. Vi reported download speeds of 12.81 Mbps and upload speeds of 5.67 Mbps in Ahmedabad.

Airtel had a download speed of 9.99 Mbps and an upload speed of 4.34 Mbps, whereas Jio had a download speed of 7.83 Mbps and a download speed of 2.35 Mbps. In Delhi, Vi measured download speeds of 12.53 Mbps and upload speeds of 3.7 Mbps. According to Airtel’s data, download speeds were 10.71 Mbps and upload speeds were 1.91 Mbps. Jio delivered download speeds of 8.80 Mbps and upload speeds of 2.53 Mbps.

According to ET, the average revenue per user (ARPU) in the telecom company jumped to Rs 143.6 from Rs 138.4 in the previous quarter due to an improved subscriber mix and higher levels of customer engagement. Increasing data and voice use drove a 23.5% year-over-year increase in net profit for the July-September quarter.

According to Ookla, all carriers having 3% or more of total test samples in the whole market during the award period are considered top carriers. In order to rank network speed performance, it uses a Speed Score that takes into account the download and upload speeds of each provider. Download speed accounts for 90% of the final Speed Score, with upload speed accounting for the remaining 10%.

Related Posts

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.