Have you ever wondered what information web pages have on you? Just perform a simple google search and check out the results! You will get surprised that they even know your dog’s name, some photos you took while very drunk are there as well. Even some stupid videos you took way back in college. And your prospective employer has access to all this info too. This may be the reason why you sent job applications and get no answer!
How To Delete Yourself From The Internet?
In this article, I am going to explain you little secret that can be used to disappear from the internet, leaving no trace completely.
1. Do a basic search with the keyword being your name,this is the most basic thing. So that you can get to know what you are dealing with.
2. Make note of all websites which display your information. It may be a donor site you sponsored sometimes back, a friend’s blog which has your name or pictures , a former employee website which still has your database or so on. Find the email address of the administrator and sent them a mail requesting them to delete the information or at least remove your name from it.
3. Remove your addresses, phone and contact details from shopping website and then delete all your shopping website’s account.
3. Get away from social media. This can be achieved by deactivating all your social media accounts. For important Email providers like G-mail and yahoo, just remove your personal info like name, address and so on. Using a service like DeleteMe can make removing yourself from the Internet less of a headache.
4. Be anonymous in search engines,do not log in, just use it without supplying your personal information like Location, Email and so on.
5.You can request search engines like Google, yahoo or bing to remove you from their rankings by filling a simple course.
By sticking with the five steps I have outlined in this post, you will be able to remove all the traces of your existence from the web. To find out the results of your hard work,just search your name again . If nothing is displayed, then mission accomplished!