Valorant Patch 3.06: VALORANT’s most divisive agents are slated to be weakened or to be nerfed in Patch 3.06, according to the patch notes.
Jett and Skye, two characters that have been mainstays of both solo queue and professional play, are being nerfed in today’s update.
Riot is putting the clamps on Jett’s ultimate and giving her one less cigarette to work with as a result. In order to encourage players to “optimize for single kunai kills in order to keep the Bladestorm going,” the developers are eliminating the recharge on Bladestorm’s right-click. This will let players participate in the “high precision fantasy Jett is all about.”
The developers are also rolling back adjustments to fire damage and the ability to mirror left-click in order to “unify how both types of fire function.” Cloudburst’s charges will be reduced from three to two, making the ability a “more tactical one” and forcing players to make a decision between burning a choke point or making a stealthy one-way to avoid being caught out.
Following the modifications made to Skye earlier this year, the agent gained the ability to play off her own flashes. There is a “feeling” that it is becoming “too successful and optimum to play off of oneself in some scenarios,” though, according to Riot’s statement.
You may also be interested to know the 10 Best Spectre Skins in Valorant in 2021.
Guiding Light’s (E) unequip time after casting or bending has been increased from 0.5 seconds to 0.75 seconds, and the “windup” period after activation before the flash goes off has been increased from 0.25 seconds to 0.3 seconds, in order to offset the changes made in Patch 3.0 on June 22nd. To top it all off, the developers are raising the cost of Seekers (Skye’s ultimate ability) from six to seven gold.
These modifications are intended to provide “prepared adversaries with a little wider window of opportunity to respond” but without “trivialising” Skye’s initiator tool.
Valorant Patch 3.06 (visit valorant blog)
1) Agent updates
Guiding Light (E)
- Unequip time after casting or bending Guiding Light’s projectile increased .5 >>> .75
- Windup time after activation before the flash goes off increased .25 >>> .3
- Cost increased 6 >>> 7
- Duration of windup telegraph reduced 0.5s >>> 0.3s
- Duration of windup telegraph reduced on Right Click 1s >>> 0.3s
- The audio attached to the in-flight projectile has been removed
- Does not stop pulsing after being down
- Cloudburstcharges reduced 3 >>> 2
The reduced charges for her smoke should hopefully make the choice on whether to smoke a choke point, smoke a path for a dash, or make a one-way, more tactical one.
Bladestorm Right-click/Alternate Fire kills no longer recharge Jett’s kunai
- Riot wants to incentivize the high skill primary fire kills while still allowing the low-risk-low-reward burst fire option.
- Bladestorm Right-click/Alt. Fire damage changes are reverted, damage and multipliers will mirror the left-click.
2) Map Updates
- Tunnel to Generator/Canteen areas can no longer be bullet penned (a.k.a. wallbang)
- One crate on B site is no longer pennable
- This should create a safer planting option for attackers while retaining a riskier, but more powerful option.
- The crate stack on B site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer planting option for attackers
- One stack of crates on the C site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer planting option for attackers
- One crate on A site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer position on-site for defenders
- One stack of crates on A site is no longer pennable, this is to create a safer planting option for attackers
3) Game System Updates
For users of the Public Beta Environment (PBE), your settings for Live and PBE have been split, and your setting should no longer be wiped when going between the two environments
- Icebox minimap and vision cones will now correctly display near B Yellow callout.