Space is a fascinating place that you have just begun to explore. However, there are eight planets in our Solar System, but astronomers do believe that there are almost billions or even trillions of other planets that are a part of other solar systems in other galaxies.
Here is some amazing facts about the space that will surprise you i’m sure
- Life is known to exist only on our planet, Earth, but NASA found out in 1986 what they thought may be some kind of fossils of microscopic living things in a rock from the planet Mars.
- Glowing nebulae are called so as they usually give off a dim, red light, due to the hydrogen gas present in them gets heated by radiation from the nearby stars.
- The Milky Way galaxy you live in is one among the billions in the space.
- The hottest planet in our solar system is the Venus with a surface temperature of above 450 degrees Celsius.
- The solar system was formed approximately 4.6 billion years ago.
- The Moon appears to have more scars and craters than Earth as it has a lot less natural activity going on. On the other hand, the Earth is persistently reforming its surface through natural activities like erosion, earthquakes, wind, storms, rain, and plants growing on its surface. Moon has very little weather to change of reform its overall appearance.
- A day on Mercury is equivalent to approximately 59 days on the planet earth!
- The opposite of black holes is predicted to be white holes that spray out matter and light-like fountains.
- Footprints and tire tracks left behind by astronauts on the moon will stay there forever owing to the fact that there is no wind to blow them away on the moon.