Valorant Patch Notes 3.03 was released yesterday and the most significant update is a bug fix that, while not exactly a nerf to Viper’s Ultimate, is nevertheless significant.
Valorant has released Patch 3.03 yesterday and the most significant update is a bug fix that, while not exactly a nerf to Viper’s Ultimate, is nevertheless significant. In addition, the patch adds more adjustable crosshairs as well as the ability to fire across more areas of maps than previously possible.
Riot issued a patch at the start of Valorant’s most recent season that enabled Viper to put her Viper’s Pit Ultimate ability wherever her crosshair was pointing, rather than at her feet, as she had previously been able to do.
This proved to be a significant benefit to the Agent, as she was able to put the ability in difficult-to-reach locations and then toss it away while remaining safe behind cover. There was just one problem: Riot had no intention of allowing this to happen.
Now, in the most recent patch, Riot has restored the Ultimate’s ability to cast from where Viper is currently standing, severely restricting her choices. Due to her increased strength since the original adjustment at the start of the season, Viper has risen to become one of the most powerful Agents in the game, which is likely why Riot chose to patch the issue and put her victory rate back in line with the rest of the field.
This Valorant patch also adds many new crosshair settings that will let players create unique crosshairs for their weaponry, such as altering the center dot for sniper rifles or utilizing normal crosshairs for shotguns instead of circles instead of the default circles. There will also be numerous crosshair profiles available in the future, in case you wish to create a few and go back and forth between them fast. Finally, this patch changes Radianite boxes so that they may be penetrated from any angle, rather than only from particular points on the surface.
Valorant Patch Notes 3.03
Fixed a bug in which Viper’s Pit began developing at the cursor placement location rather than surrounding Viper as intended.
Although this is officially a bug patch, it has the effect of changing the way Viper’s Pit is deployed. We released a bug in 3.01 that allowed her ultimate to spawn at her placement reticle rather than surrounding her by mistake, which we later discovered. We understand that many Viper mains were under the impression that this was a deliberate buff, and we apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience; we hope you will understand.
We believe that Viper’s Pit may be a highly effective tool for securing a certain region. In light of this, her team must bear the financial burden of gaining land before she can unleash her ultimate, rather than being able to cast it forward into regions without sacrificing her position.
- Can use the “Use Advanced Options” option to further configure your ADS crosshair and sniper scope center dot, if desired.
- The option to store and switch between different crosshair settings has been added to the game.
- We understand your desire to be able to share your crosshair settings with others, and we completely agree! We do not have a specific time period for when this will happen, but it is something that is certainly on our radar.
- A new option has been added to allow you to specify a minimum shooting error across all weapons.
- With shotguns, a new option has been added that allows you to utilize the main crosshair.
Updates to the map
- You may now fire through Radianite containers from whatever angle you choose, using the proper weaponry.
- It used to be that you could only fire through some boxes from certain directions, but not others.
- Ziplines have been updated to enable the use of the ‘Use’ key, allowing you to disconnect at any time.
In the case of unforeseen server disruption, we have implemented a mechanism that allows us to immediately reverse any AFK penalties that have been imposed on you.
Custom games with more than 6 players now include an auto-balance button that is dependent on the participants’ MMR.
- The precision and timeliness of the ping computation have been improved.
- Ping statistics now display both the average and maximum ping numbers, allowing you to get a better understanding of your network circumstances.
- Multiple samples were gathered over a short period of time, and the average value was derived from the mean of those samples; the maximum value represented the highest value within that sample.
Valorant Patch Notes 3.03 Bug Fixes
- Killjoy’s turret was not impacted by concussions due to a bug that was fixed.
- Astra’s gravitational pull is now fixed. This came about as a result of tugging individuals while they were connected to ascenders.
- A problem in which Astra may trigger Dissipate when connected to ascenders has been fixed.
- Sage’s Barrier Orb was prevented from being destroyed by Boombot, Owl Drone, and Fakeout if they were positioned in a manner that overlapped a section of the barrier wall.