Fortnite is getting an Update at 5 pm, which kicks off season 7 on June 8, Epic Games has now announced that the Fortnite visuals have been reviewed significantly.
Fortnite already looks good on PC. Its adaptive appearance is consistent with whatever that the ever-growing multiverse of marketing cross-over throws at it and is fast running with industry-standard functionalities from the makers of the Unreal Engine.
There was scope for upgrade: Epic said that playing in the preset quality “epic” visuals will have a stronger storm and cloud effects in the royal and creative mode. Smoke and liquid simulations are also being updated to provide a better car explosion, better-looking lakes, and slide juice, There will be better fire effects if you inevitably strike home with a firefly or burning jar.
Epic also says it adds better post-processing tools for the quality of lens flare, bloom, and shadow.
So are there any changes with the Hardware requirement? Yes, have a look at New Specifications Required:
For “Epic Graphic Settings” Specs Required
- Nvidia GTX 1080, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, or equivalent GPU
- 4 GB VRAM or higher
- Intel Core i7-8700, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, or equivalent
- 16 GB RAM or higher
- NVMe Solid State Drive
- Windows 10 64-bit
Recommended Specs Required
- Nvidia GTX 960, AMD R9 280, or equivalent DX11 GPU
- 2 GB VRAM
- Core i5-7300U 3.5 GHz
- 8 GB RAM
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Intel HD 4000 on PC; Intel Iris Pro 5200
- Core i3-3225 3.3 GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
Epic believes that “high” configurations will equate to the “epic” configuration of pre-17.00 once everything goes live. Additional improvements include the following: Nvidia GTX 960, AMD R9 280 or DX11 GPU equivalents will become the preferred GPU. Epic also changes the suggested OS to 64-bit Windows 10, though gamers still run Fortnite perfectly on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 8 64-bit.
Epic Games’ Fortnite is a popular battle royale game that was released in 2017. It comes in three different game mode variations, all of which share the same basic gameplay and game engine. The game is available for the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Android, iOS, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Classic Mac OS, among other platforms. The 3.08 patch is the most recent update for the game, and it is significantly smaller than previous updates. Continue reading to learn more about the latest Fortnite update.
Fortnite Earlier Update Patch Notes 3.08
- Epic games mentioned that they have started to deploy a maintenance patch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC that will improve the game stability.
- All the players will be prompted to download the patch at the end of their match or when launching the game.
- There is no requirement for any server downtime.
- This issue has been resolved by today’s maintenance patch.
- Players on GeForce NOW are again able to change their Video settings.