Epic Games’ Fortnite is a popular battle royale game that was released in 2017. It comes in three different game mode variations, all of which share the same basic gameplay and game engine. The game is available for the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Android, iOS, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Classic Mac OS, among other platforms. The 3.08 patch is the most recent update for the game, and it is significantly smaller than previous updates. Continue reading to learn more about the latest Fortnite update.
Fortnite Update Patch Notes 3.08
- Epic games mentioned that they have started to deploy a maintenance patch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC that will improve the game stability.
- All the players will be prompted to download the patch at the end of their match or when launching the game.
- There is no requirement for any server downtime.
- This issue has been resolved by today’s maintenance patch.
- Players on GeForce NOW are again able to change their Video settings.
This patch is fairly normal in comparison to many of the other Fortnite updates, which include new weapons and such. This comes from the game’s support Twitter page, where they revealed this patch for the majority of console platforms, which they called a maintenance patch. Fortunately, there will be no downtime as a result of this fix, so you should be able to download it right away and get back to playing. The only real information Epic Games provided about this patch was that players on GeForce NOW can now change their video settings again, which was previously unavailable. Aside from that, it’s just your regular stability patch.
The greatest feature about this patch is that it will not require any downtime, so players can download it right after their match or when they first launch the game. Other details included the fact that players on GeForce NOW will once again be able to change their video settings, which had been an issue all along. This Fortnite 3.08 update patch is much smaller than the previous one, which included the following changes:
- The Hand Cannon heads back to the vault, while another item returns.
- New Island size in Creative & localized Featured Creative Hub support!
- Addressed Split Screen “Ready Up!” issue
- Addressed an issue where Snowy Floppers did not grant Shield or Icy Feet
- Addressed an issue where Cars would not always deal damage on impact
- Addressed an issue where Total Bars would appear as 0 when loading into a match with high latency
- Rift Fish and Jellyfish re-enabled
- New Portal added (Portal_SmallFry)
- Team Rumble Unvaulted
- LTM Classic Loot added
- LTM Floor Is Lava Disarmed added
- LTM Bodyguard added
- New Zero point sounds added
- An XL flat island of grid squares with beta access to the new, experimental thermometer
- New Mesh for the ZeroPoint
- Egg Launcher re-added
- New cues added for teleporting NPC effects