After a few bad months this year due to data breach controversy, Facebook has rolled out some new use cases to its mobile app in India. The mobile app extended its features to enable easy mobile recharges from the app itself. At present, it is only available for latest Facebook Android app. Previously, the Facebook-owned Whatsapp also come up with the Payment feature to compete with the counter apps like Paytm, Mobikwik, Freecharge, Tez, etc. that lets users recharge their mobiles.
Facebook went some other user interface(UI) changes that made the app look cleaner and attractive. The latest icons of the app are bigger and appealing. Now, the frequently used services in the app will show up on the top results and there are few grayscale logos in the settings and privacy options.
Also read: Facebook Inc is coming up with 5 Biggest updates this year
Coming to new mobile recharge option, that lets users from India to recharge their prepaid mobile in simple steps. At the moment, the service is being beta tested with select users. It also offers both peer-to-peer and peer-to-merchant payment options going forward.
Image Source: Tech2
Here is the list of mobile operators supports the Facebook mobile recharges:
- MTNL (Mumbai and Delhi)
- Tata Docomo
Note down the steps to recharge prepaid mobile phones using Facebook
- Update your ‘Facebook app’ to the latest version, after that open the app and tap on ‘hamburger menu’ located at the top right corner
- Now, choose the ‘Mobile Recharge’ and click on ‘Recharge now’ button to proceed with prepaid mobile recharge
- Enter your ‘mobile number’ and select ‘operator’ from the drop-down menu, then select the ‘region’
- Next, you can enter ‘recharge amount’ directly, or else tap on ‘browse’ for available recharge options, special vouchers, and more. After choosing the plan, tap on ‘review order’
- Finally, enter your ‘credit or debit’ details to proceed with the payment and to complete this transaction click on ‘Place order’. Done!
For authentication purposes, you will receive OTP code or 3D secure passwords which runs the payment process smoothly. The app only supports Credit and Debit payment option in this beta testing, might it include mobile wallets, internet banking, and UPI in the upcoming final version.
1 thought on “Now You can Recharge Your Mobile Using Facebook App”
Now We can check live weather reports on Facebook apps. Recharge feature is superb