ZTE Grand S II with Snapdragon 800 chipset launched in India
You missed Xiaomi Mi3, didn’t ya? Flash sales, registration for purchasing in sales day and all that stuff! But suddenly you got lucky, you registered and bam! Out of Stock!
Well if you are one of those poor fellows who wished that they would have owned a Snapdragon 800SoC powered but couldn’t, this is the exact opportunity for you.
ZTEGrandS II is launched in India at a price of Rs.13, 999.
The phone is available exclusively on Amazon.in at Rs.13, 999. The Chinese telecommunication Giant ZTE announced the phone for Indian launch in mid-November without any discussion about the selling price. After being announced at CES 2014, the phone went on sale in Chine for Rs.16, 375.
The ZTE Grand S II is powered by the powerful quad core 2.2GHz processor – Snapdragon 800 (MSM8674) chipset coupled with 2 GB of RAM. It runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (yea, it would have been more of a bliss if it came with KitKat).
ZTE GrandS II is a Single – SIM phone, with a massive 5.5 inch IPS LCD (1080 x 1920 pixels) screen with the pixel density of 401ppi. It comes with 16 GB of inbuilt storage which can be further expanded up to 32 GB via micro SD card.
Connectivity options in ZTE Grand S II include 2G, 3G (HSDPA) and 4G (LTE), with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, NFC (Near Field Communication) and Micro USB support.
The ZTE Grand S II feature a 13 mega pixel (4128 x 3096) rear autofocus camera with LED flash, having the ability to capture v1080p videos at 30fps. Front side include at 2 mega pixel camera.
The phone has a non-removable 3100mAh battery, and a bunch of sensors – accelerometer, gyro-meter, proximity sensor and compass.
Apart from the dated Android version, this phone wins quite several other parameter when compared with Xiaomi Mi3, keeping in mind about the similar price tag.
- Expandable storage choice: You need not to buy the 64 GB version of the phone, unlike Xiaomi Mi3 which left you poorer with only 16 GB inbuilt non-expandable storage.
- The phone is available at normal stock. Don’t worry about registrations, flash sales, invites and other options. Enjoy your purchase.
However, the absence of Customer service centers would rather be a matter of concern for Indian consumers.
“This is ZTE’s constant endeavor to provide Indian customers with mobility experience which is at par with global standards yet providing features that are unique to Indian market. Our growing customer base is the testimony of Indian consumers increasing trust in ZTE products. Our exclusive tie up with Amazon.in, one of the India’s largest e-commerce businesses, will help us reach all valued customers. We are optimistic about the Indian market and we are working on meeting the high expectation for the Indian consumers,” said Yuan Kang, Chief Executive Officer, Mobile Business, ZTE India, at the launch.
A quick look on specs:
- 5.5 inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) IPS LCD full-HD screen.
- Single SIM – 2G, 3G and 4G (LTE) support.
- 2.2 GHZ Quad core Krait 400 processor, Snapdragon 800 MSM 8974 SoC.
- 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, expandable upto 32 GB via micro SD card.
- 802.11 Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and Micro USB.
- 13 mega pixel (4128 x 3096) rear autofocus camera with LED flash, 2 mega pixel front camera.
- 3100mAh non removable battery.
- Accelerometer, Gyro-meter, Proximity sensor and Compass.
The phone is available exclusively at Amazon.in.