DHC Ordered ISPs to block 472 websites in india
472 websites, including Google Docs, Google Video and Google’s URL shortener goo.gl, have been blocked in India, as per order from the Delhi High Court ,by Justice V. Kameswar Rao of the Delhi High Court, after a complaint by the Sony owned media company which is broadcasting the FIFA World Cup live in India on its Sony Six channels.
Blocking access to Google Docs is bonkers. It seems like the list of websites that were to be blocked was overlooked. It’s rather surprising that the ISPs have blocked Google Docs instead of Google Drive. As the latter, not the former could be used to store video files. Perhaps the old fellows are not aware that Google merged the Docs and its cloud service, and re-branded the whole as Google Drive a few months ago.
A few points sites that blocked:
1. Google Docs and Google Video: docs.google.com and googlevideo.com
2. URL shorteners: goo.gl and adf.ly.
3. File sharing sites: Multiupload.nl, uppit.com, crocko.com (earlier known as easyshare), solidfiles.com, bayfiles.net, tusfiles, bitshare.com, rapidshare.com, sendspace.com, mightyupload.com, uploaded.net, freakshare.com
4. Upload website: aggregator embedupload.com, ul.to,
5. File storage sites: Mega.co.nz, putlocker.com, filemonkey.in, uploadsat.com,
6. Telugu content download sites: telugump3.biz, telugustar.net, telugumasthi.wapka.me, telugustar.net, myteluguwap.net, teluguworld.asia
7. Services for emailing large fies: anysend.com
9. Hindi content site: foncity.in, 3gparena.in, among others.
10. Torrent sites: Including thepiratebay.org, thepiratebay.se, torrentz.is, torrentfunk.com, torrents.net, limetorrents.com, torrenthound.com