WhatsApp is the most popular and user-friendly messenger available right now. Even though there are multiple other messengers like Signal, Telegram, etc, WhatsApp is the favorite of more than two billion people around the world. You can send literally any file, text, audio, video, GIF, sticker, etc. Apart from that, you can also send your live location to someone by using the Current Location and Live Location features.
Keep reading this article to know how to share your location on WhatsApp.
First, let’s check out what’s the difference between the Current Location and the Live Location. When you share your Current Location with someone, the person will receive your location at that exact time. However, if you share a Live Location with someone, then the person will be able to track your real-time location for a particular time period.
Now let’s check out how you can share your location on WhatsApp:
How to share location on WhatsApp?
Just follow the steps mentioned below to share your location on WhatsApp:
- At first, you need to turn on your GPS on your Android or iPhone.
- Open WhatsApp and enter the chat with whom you want to share your location.
- Tap on the + button at the bottom and select Location.
- There you will find both Current and Live Location options.
- Select your preferred option and then tap on the green and white arrow at the bottom.
- You are done! The receiver will get your location instantly.
Location sharing is becoming very crucial in this digital era. After sharing your location, you can also turn it off from the location card inside your chat.
However, if you are facing any issue regarding location sharing on WhatsApp, let us know in the comment section below.