Facebook has started sending emails to some users with the title “Your account required advanced security from Facebook Protect”. Those who received the email won’t be able to access their Facebook account until they enable the Facebook Protect feature. In this article, we are going to explain how you can activate Facebook Protect on your profile.
Don’t stop! Keep reading to check out the step-by-step guide on how to activate Facebook Protect.
According to Facebook, Facebook Protect is a security program for a few groups of people who are more likely the first targets of hackers such as journalists, government officials, and human rights defenders. Facebook Protect will add another layer of security to all the people who get regular threats and need more security.
Without wasting time, let’s find out how to activate Facebook Protect:
How to activate Facebook Protect?
Follow the steps mentioned below to activate Facebook Protect:
- Click on the down arrow on the top-right corner of your Facebook profile.
- From the dropdown menu, select Settings & Privacy and then click on Settings.
- Then go to Security and Login.
- There you will find the Facebook Protect feature.
- Under the section click on Get Started.
- Then click on Next after Next.
- After that, Facebook will scan for potential vulnerabilities on your account and suggest you fix them.
- Click on Fix Now and the Facebook Protect will get activated.
If you still haven’t received the email or there isn’t any Facebook Protect option in your Settings, don’t worry because Facebook has just started rolling out this feature. You will soon get Facebook Protect if you are eligible.
However, if you still have any queries regarding Facebook Protect, let us know in the comment section below. We will help you ASAP!