CS:GO launch options are nothing more than unique, customised parameters that a player may utilise to better their performance. Users of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive can utilise these launch options to have specific game settings handled automatically when the game begins.
Users may change things like tickrate, FPS, and other technical parameters in advance to make the most of their machine, as Valve’s default configuration isn’t ideal for most gamers. These choices take precedence and override those found in the game, which is why most players choose to utilise the best mix of CS:GO start options.
Each gaming setting is distinct. To play CS:GO, players utilise a variety of software and hardware, as well as numerous types of internet connections. These and other variables influence the types of settings a user need to get the most out of their machine. In 2021, here are some of the top CS:GO launch possibilities.
How to Change the Launch Options in CS:GO?
Before we go through the finest CS:GO launch choices, it’s important to understand where and how to utilise them. Here’s how you can customise your favourite CS:GO startup choices.
- Open ‘Steam’. Go to ‘Library’. Right-click on the ‘CS:GO’ game title and select ‘Properties’.
- Within the ‘Properties’ window pop-up, go to ‘General’.
- Under the ‘General’ tab click on ‘Set Launch Options’.
- A new ‘Set Launch Options’ window will pop-up where users can type their ‘CS:GO Launch Options’. All the launch options should be put together and every individual setting should compulsorily be separated by a space.
- Press ‘Ok’ once all the desired ‘CS:GO Launch Options’ have been set.
- Now users can close the ‘Properties’ window pop-up and launch CS:GO. The game will now automatically implement the registered settings every time it runs.
Best CS:GO Launch Options To Improve Performance
Users can utilise the following CS:GO startup settings to increase their performance. Some of these settings are quite unstable, so use caution and test them out separately before adopting them.
- +mat_disable_fancy_blending: In CS:GO, this startup option prevents fancy blending. The user must type a value following the command, and setting it to  improves speed significantly while also making the texture seem less detailed.
- +cl_forcepreload: Before accessing the server, this start option forces CS:GO to load all textures, visuals, and sound effects. Setting this to  improves performance while playing, but increases the time it takes to connect to the server and has been a documented cause of game crashes.
- -disable_d3d9ex: This launch option turns off the CS:GO d3d9ex mode, which is enabled by default. It does assist with some graphic issues, however the time it takes to reduce and reload the game rises significantly, increasing CPU use.
-console -novid -freq 240 -tickrate 128 +exec config.cfg: Professional players utilise the following CS:GO launch options the most. Because these players often use high-end computers, they just require a few basic settings, such as starting the game fast, requiring it to run at 240 Hz, and, most significantly, automatically running their config settings.
2021’s Best CS:GO Launch Options
Every CS:GO player must customise a set of CS:GO launch choices that will benefit them based on the sort of hardware they use, the software they use in conjunction with the game, their internet connection, and a variety of other variables. So let’s take a look at some of the most frequent CS:GO start choices and see what they’re all about.
- console : This option begins CS:GO with the console already open.
- novid : This option bypasses the Valve opening movie and jumps right into CS:GO.
- tickrate: This launch option forces any offline server that a user runs to run at tickrate 128. For example, if a user launches an offline game with bots and this option is enabled, the offline game will run at tickrate 128.
- refresh: This launch option forces the user’s monitor to refresh at a preset pace. As a result, all users who play on 144 or 240 hz displays need type  following the command to specify their monitor refresh rates.
- high: This launch option will compel the user’s system to execute CS:GO as a ‘high priority’ process, which means it will take precedence over other system processes. Users should exercise caution when applying this setting, and if they do not see an improvement in speed, they should disable this launch option.
- threads: This setting determines how many processor threads CS:GO will use while it is running. Not advised unless the user has a complete understanding of how everything works and how to correct things if something goes wrong.
- +fps_max: Users may set the maximum FPS for CS:GO with this startup option. After the command, users must type  to specify the limit. Setting this to  will eliminate all restrictions and allow you to play CS:GO at the maximum feasible frame rate.
- +exec: This launch option is quite useful for gamers who wish to run their own configuration file. Simply store your personal config file in the “SteamSteamAppscommonCounter-Strike Global Offensivecsgocfg” folder and use  in front of the command to provide the name of your file (e.g. autoexec.cfg).
- +violence_hblood 0: The blood effect in CS:GO is removed using this launch option, which is also a console command. This is a personal choice for each user and is the next best thing to Valve’s removal of the -lv (low violence) launch option.
Now that players are familiar with some of the most fundamental instructions and how they influence CS:GO, they may go on to more advanced commands. The greatest CS:GO launch choice for 2021 is as follows:
-novid -tickrate 128 +fps_max 0 -nojoy
Users are probably thinking that this is a lie, but it is not. This is a tried-and-true CS:GO launch option that works on the vast majority of computers. These are the best settings that every user may use without fear of encountering a problem. In this situation, the adage of “the more the merrier” is incorrect; adding more launch options does not ensure a better user experience; in fact, it might lead to additional issues and complexities.
There are, however, a variety of alternative CS:GO launch settings that players may attempt for a variety of reasons, such as improving FPS and performance. However, bear in mind that these additional launch choices come with dangers, and we urge that users evaluate each one separately.