Remote sharing is nowadays at its peak, people use remote sharing to provide live support or for sharing screens. Most of us always use third-party software for sharing or controlling remote systems using software like Teamviewer or Radmin etc.
Today I am going to teach you guys how to connect any two or as many as windows PC through remote without using any third-party tool like team viewer etc. So let’s learn how to share screens without any third-party tool. As we all know Windows OS is full of hidden programs that are only limited to developers or geeks.
MSRA For Remote Screen Sharing in Windows 10
Today we are going to learn about MSRA (windows remote assistance) executable. MSRA is windows inbuilt remote assistance program using which you can control remote PCs, share remote screens, provide remote support, and much more. Let’s learn how to use MSRA for remote sharing.
Steps to Share or Control Remote PC using MSRA
1. First of all click on startup and type command “MSRA” and press enter as shown below:
2. Now you will see a screen like the below-having title “Windows Remote Assistance“, there are two options displayed:
- Invite someone you trust to help you: Choose this option if you want to share your screen with someone.
- Help someone who invited you: Choose this option if you want to control someone other PC remotely.
Click on Option a “Invite someone you trust to help you” to share your screen:
Once you click the above option then you will see the below panel with multiple options:
Now you can see three different options :
- Send this invitation as a file: On clicking this option you can save the invitation file and send it to anyone from which you require help. After saving the file another window will open containing the password. You have to provide that password to a person whom you want to connect to your machine.
- Use email to send an invitation: You can send an invitation directly via email but it requires an email client on your machine to send emails like outlook etc.
- Use Easy connect: Another method to directly connect two PC is using Easy connect but this requires some basic settings at your router’s end i.e. If the computer has IPv6 disabled or is behind a NAT router that blocks Teredo traffic, the Easy Connect option will be unavailable.
Now once you have sent the remote assistance invitation file to a user, he can connect to your PC by double-clicking the invitation file and then entering the password.
Note: You need to enable remote assistance service.
3. Help someone who invited you: By clicking this option you can provide help to anyone who has done the above task. You will need two things: An invitation file and a password to connect remote PC. Did you know there is another smart option by which you can directly connect to any PC using an IP address? If not, well let’s learn that too. Yup, we can also provide windows remote assistance support using an IP address too. Here are the options.
- First of all click on startup and type the command “MSRA” and press enter.
- Now you will see a screen where two options are displayed, Select “Help someone who invited you”.
- After that you will see some options, click on the bottom one “Advanced connection option for help desk” as shown below :
After clicking the option you see the below the panel to enter the IP address:
After entering the IP address press Next to connect to IP address. That’s all. Hope you all enjoyed the learning. If you have any queries ask me in form of comments.
39 thoughts on “How to Use MSRA For Remote Screen Sharing in Windows 10”
You said about the password here. but where can i find it.
Hello, windows gives you the password that you need to give to the person that is going to help you
Nice thread.. I love it.
Thanx for sharing 🙂
I have this problem when i enter the IP Address it gives me an error. Help?
Did you mean controlling
show instead for conrolling
En la conexion avanzada ; introduzco la Ip pero como accedo a controlar la pc
I’ve been looking for this for quite a long time now. Thanks for this one.
great information, we always used TeamViewer. Now this is perfect option
How can i find ip address in windows
Windows 7,8 or 10:
1. type CMD in search and press Enter on your Keyboard
2. the black window come, and type IPCONFIG, press enter wamushenzi we
3. you’ll find the line IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 184.108.40.206 and the numbers are the IPs
it works, only into a LAN, but it works.
I like ur Tips. Thanks
By this, I can’t control others PC. Just can share the screen.
What about Wake on Lan can it be done?
Normally it works only in LAN, or in your private company, but don’t work between two different companies.
It’s old posting.
very vice and thanks
how to enable group policy in remote desktop
it is good…thanks for sharing
Just to add,
1. If you want to perform administrative task, and the session is connected in standard user. Then the screen will go pause (||). So make sure when you connect the system, it should be connected by Adminstrator on different end (Getting Support End).
2. IP will work in a single Network. As you cannot afford public IP:)
3. To use this feature in corporate environment is safe
4. Don’t use it in public environment, as your invitation file contains many confidential information about your PC and network. However it is not readable normally, but yes a un-ethically the file can be exploited.
It works . Great !!! Thank you for sharing
what about xpand8
Can i use this method in LAN network? And how can i find IP address of my computer or others? Thankyou
just type the IP address on google search from any browser
You can do this over a LAN network.
One user on the LAN network is needing assistance and his IP Address on the network is 192.168.0.10
The one providing assistance to him is for example IP Address 192.168.0.11.
All 11 would have to do is enter in 10’s IP address like you would over the internet and the connection is established. Within LAN networks, your connections out to the internet go through the router anyway, so it’ll know that the connection you’re making is internal rather than external due to the specific IP Address of LAN network infrastructures.
A note to the guy who posted this…this method only works in an environment which shares the same domain name or subnet…this method does not works on internet unlike teamviewer, which works every where and any where.
Your information is not accurate as I provide support to my family in Brazil and I live in Japan. It works like a charm.
Would the DHCP on the router affect the address within the advanced setting method, assuming this is on LAN only PC to PC. Also, across the internet connections, if you were to type in an IP address, if at that address there were multiple PCS, how would you connect to the right one, using the advanced method above? I’m assuming it would be something within the invite, correct?
Great piece of information.. Thanks for sharing..
BOSS IS IT WORKS ON XP AS I AM TRYING IN RUN BUT NOT OPENING
is it online?????
Is it need internet of both computer?
sweet…but teamviewer works great on mobile devices too. i still prefer it 🙂
Sir how can i enable remote assistance service..?
dear sir ! when i click on “Invite someone you trust to help you” then it shows me that ” this computer is not set up to send invitations” nd the option given below is “Repair ” what i do to enable screen sharing???
How to remotely shutdown other’s PC by using CMD?
Because someone frequently hacks my WiFi password.