Have lots of cute daily pictures of your four-legged friend or photos from different celebrations piled up on your memory cards and in your smartphone’s gallery? The best way to give them new life is to combine them into a slideshow. Do you have one of today’s most widely used operating systems, Windows 10, on your PC? Then this review is for you.
How to make a slideshow with music on Windows 10? You can use a video editor, but it takes a lot of time and effort. Better opt for special slideshow-making software and do it fast and hassle-free. To be sure you don’t get lost looking for the best program for you, in this article we’ve selected the 3 best programs for creating slideshows based on functionality, price, and usability.
1. Microsoft Photos
The simplest way to create a slideshow on your Windows PC is to use a pre-installed Microsoft Photos app. This Windows 10 slideshow maker comes with basic motion effects and allows you to apply filters and add background music. This is a great free tool for beginners and quick slideshow creation. Find a brief step-by-step guide below on how to make one:
- Select your images. Upload pictures from a PC folder or a connected device into the program. Choose them to create a new slideshow.
- Adjust the slides. Add a title card to your storyboard. Change the duration of each slide. Apply filters and 3D effects.
- Add music. Overlay a recommended soundtrack from the in-program library or upload custom audio.
- Download your slideshow. Choose the output quality and the location where to save your creation.
2. SmartSHOW 3D
If you want to know how to create a slideshow on Windows 10 in a bit more creative way, then opt for SmartSHOW 3D. This program comes with a huge collection of themed templates, transitions, 3D animation effects, and a built-in music library. Plus, you can edit your footage straight in the program: crop it, remove black bars, apply filters, and make simple enhancements. This user-friendly software offers a 10-day free trial period to test out all the features. Check out how to make a slideshow with SmartSHOW 3D below:
- Choose a template. Browse through the built-in collection of templates and pick the one you like depending on the theme of your slideshow (vacation, wedding, graduation, birthday, etc.).
- Upload your photos. Add images from the folder on your PC. You can add the recommended number of images or as many as you like.
- Overlay background music. Select a soundtrack from those available in the program or upload your favorite song from your computer library. Don’t forget to synchronize it with the slides.
- Make final adjustments. Modify the speed and the duration of a single slide. Preview your creation and save it as a video.
Want to make a slideshow on your Windows 10 PC without installing anything on it? Check out Canva, an online design tool that comes with a rich built-in collection of templates and embellishments. You can enhance your photos and apply filters right in the templates. This tool is versatile – you can create not only slideshows, but also posters, presentations, Instagram posts, and more. Use it for free or expand its features with an annual subscription. Here’s how to create a slideshow with Canva:
- Sign up. Since Canva is an online platform, you first need to create an account and pick a plan (free or premium, depending on your needs).
- Pick a template. Check out the huge template collection or filter it based on the slideshow’s style, theme, subject, color, topic, and even price (it’s convenient if you’ve chosen a free plan).
- Customize the slides. Select the template pages you need and adjust them as you like by changing the text and pictures and adding various elements.
- Save your creation. There are lots of ways to get your finished slideshow saved: download it to your device or cloud storage, share it on social networks, prepare it for printing, and more.
To wrap that up, you now know about the three slideshow software for Windows 10. We hope we’ve helped you simplify your choice and wish you success in creating stunning slideshows.