Data recovery is one element of data management that everyone talks about today. This is because many businesses use data tools today and are faced with a number of challenges related to customer data, sales data, purchases, and many more.
Data management, therefore, helps people and organizations to properly handle sensitive information that needs to be properly taken care of to protect sensitive company data. This is where data recovery software comes in.
Best Professional Data Recovery Software
If your organization or you face a lot of data-related challenges including loss of data, it’s time you consider taking up a memory card data recovery software. In this article, we will share crucial details about data recovery software available for use today.
1. Disk Drill
Disk Drill is a reliable and user-friendly software for data recovery. This software is very interactive and efficient. It will help you get back your data quickly and seamlessly.
It is also good to note that Disk Drill by CleverFiles works perfectly well on a wide range of devices including Windows PCs, and Macs among other devices. It employs sophisticated scanning algorithms and supports recovery methods for a wide range of files.
The User Interface is very interactive and easy to understand even for people with very little computer knowledge.
Disk Drill also provides additional protection tools for recovering recently deleted files much faster, for free.
Some of the key features that set this software apart from the many other data recovery software in the market today include;
- Free recovery of up to 500 MB
- Interactive user interface
- Supports a wide range of file formats
- Supports a wide range of storage devices
- Quick and deep data recovery support
- You can predict the recovery chances
- User-friendly and intuitive interface
- Cross-platform saving of scan sessions
- Free 500 MB file recovery with the trial version
- Gives access to free data protection tools
- Virtual and disk-based storage devices supported
- There is no phone-based customer support
- The trial version is limited to 500 MBs only
- Disk Drill enterprise can be expensive to small enterprises
This is a lightweight free data recovery software for Windows. The software has the ability to recover formatted SD card on Mac among several other types of files from several storage devices including memory cards, hard drives, etc.
It comes with a user-friendly interface making it one of the easiest freeware programs to use for SD memory card recovery. The software can restore many file formats ranging from music files, lost photos, and documents from a wide range of storage devices. Some of the devices supported include USB sticks, memory cards, and hard drives.
If you have a damaged hard drive and are wondering whether you will be able to recover data from a damaged hard drive with Recuva, the answer is yes. Besides, this software has the ability to restore data from a formatted storage device.
Key features of this software include:
- Deep scanning feature
- Ability to secure deleted files
- Support for recovery from several storage devices
- Preview screen available
- Secure way to delete files
- The interface design is very clear
- It’s a freeware with low pricing for the Pro version
- Unlimited free recovery
- Poorer recovery experience
3. DiskInternals Uneraser
This is a lightweight data recovery for every one built by DiskInternals offering top-notch retrieval capabilities. It includes deep scans from impressive arrays of storage devices and file forms. Besides, it supports a wide range of file extensions covering images, video, audio, and many other types of documents.
The recovery system is wizard-like and might not be the best for everyone looking for data recovery software. However, it will be quite appealing to novices as the process is very easy to follow.
Other features supported include:
- Forensic imaging system for creating perfect copies of storage media
- Preview features
- Available on Windows, Mac, and Linux
As much as this software may look perfect, it comes with some faults. These include the lack of support for file recovery for starters. At this level, the software only offers preview services. Also, the user interface is a bit outdated. This does not however affect the usability and the fact that this software can really take you to the next level when it comes to data recovery.
- Exceedingly easy to use
- Supports Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Strong data recovery features
- Built-in forensic disk imaging
- The free version only allows file preview, but will not perform data recovery
4. R-Studio For Windows
R-Studio is another data recovery software to use today. It was originally designed for data recovery professionals. The software has however become more friendly over time and it can now be used by anyone.
It comes with extensive recovery options and can recover deleted files from any supported operating system. You, therefore, need not purchase multiple versions of the software when dealing with various operating systems.
Key features of this tool include:
- R-Undelete for inexperienced users
- Disk image creation features
- SMART monitoring technology
- Multi-language GUI
- A demo version is available
- Reconstruction of RAID arrays
- Data recovery is network capable
- Cross-platform support
- The simplified version known as R-Undelete is available
- Very expensive
- Interface and extensive features could be confusing
- The free version can recover up to 256 KBs only
5. Mini Tool Power Data Recovery
This tool is special in a way since it also specializes in complete partition recovery in addition to individual file recovery.
It comes with a three-step data restoration process interface that is usable by any user. In addition, the tool can recover deleted files from a wide range of devices and will organize found files by extension type. This makes it easier to locate the items marked for recovery.
Some of the features that make it unique include:
- Preview recovery results
- Scan once and perform an organized recovery for specific files
- Fast scanning speed
- Can scan DVDs and CDs that are damaged
- The bootable version is available
- Poor preview functionality
- No extra functions
- Cannot mount recovery results