If you are a newbie looking for affordable ways to learn to code, you are at the right destination. Coding has never been this affordable and this easy. We have curated tons of free resources where you can master any programming language or begin your own code-based project. Here are some of the top 10 free coding websites that come highly recommended.
Top Websites to Learn Coding
- No charges for attaining technical skills.
- Communication with other students and mentors speeds up the learning process.
- The courses are very interesting and entertaining with interactive sessions.
- Flash Player is needed
- Diplomas and Certificates cost.
- Removal of ads in exchange for payments.
Much like BitDegree, Codecademy also provides both free and paid courses on 14 different programming languages such as HTML, CSS, GO, Swift, and many others. Codecademy has a sorting quiz at the beginning which helps students determine which programming job suits them the best and which course to enroll themselves in. There are beginner-friendly and intermediate classes – both working in an organized manner.
- Codecademy offers a basic free plan in which you can enjoy free interactive classes and daily practice ones as well.
- The interactive courses are beginner-friendly.
- The UI is not very easy to navigate.
- There are no free trials of the paid plans.
Coursera has partnered with some of the top universities and companies to provide top-quality courses. The subject library is humungous. You can learn computer science, data analytics, and web development from this online educational website. Some of the courses are free but the intermediate ones will cost you a pretty penny.
- Wide catalog of courses.
- The paid courses come with a 7-day free trial.
- This online platform is up-to-date and very well-organized.
- Most of the courses are paid and will cost you a pretty penny.
This non-profit online platform partners with world-class universities such as Harvard and NYU to provide 3000+ online free courses. There are both free and paid plans for the courses.
- Huge selection of university-level courses offered in collaboration with the best universities in the world – MIT, Harvard, Microsoft, etc.
- Most courses can be audited for free.
- The class lessons are freely accessible but doing tasks for feedback and grading and applying for certificates would require you to purchase the course. A paid course will cost you somewhere between $50 and $300.
5. Khan Academy
- Khan Academy is free and accessible to all. This platform does not cost you for watching their videos and working out coding problems.
- You can learn at your own pace.
- The videos could be more visually appealing.
Being one of the most popular coding websites, Codewars is run by a tech assessment company. This company provides code challenges which are known as kata. You can sharpen your skills in this manner.
- Free to use.
- Community engagement.
- You would require some basic coding knowledge.
Udemy provides 2000+ classes in the development category including several programming languages, game development courses, data science, and many more. You can filter the options as per your requirement.
- Nearly 600+ free courses.
- Wide selection of courses/subjects.
- Since Udemy is not an accredited institution, the certificates issued by them might not be valid informal accreditation.
- Course flexibility
- The course curriculum is constantly updated
- The paid courses are expensive
This coding website has a 3000-hour course curriculum and has 40,000+ graduates. This website is the best-trusted platform where you can learn coding for free. freeCodeCamp has the best alumni you will come across.
- Free to access and use.
- The projects are meant to sharpen your skills.
- Concepts could be explained in detail.
10. The Odin Project
- It is a free platform to learn to code and is extremely beginner-friendly.
- It does an excellent job at organizing topics in an extremely simple way whilst also exhibiting the real-world applications of the topics.
- In-depth courses are a bit on the pricier side.