WhatsApp is the undisputed king of all the messengers around the world. With two billion active users WhatsApp seems quite serious about security. To ramp up the security of all the users, WhatsApp has introduced two-step verification. Once you enable the two-step verification, you will need a six digit pin every time you register your WhatsApp account on a new device. In addition, you can add an email id to recover the six digit pin if you forget it. These days, number of devices are increasing and you should definitely turn on the two-step verification to secure your WhatsApp account. In this article we are going to discuss how you can enable two-step verification on WhatsApp.
Keep reading as we are going to describe how to enable two-step verification on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is a messenger service developed by Meta Platforms. It offers cross-platform messaging, VoIP, etc. for free and it is available on almost every platform. With more than two billion active users, WhatsApp is the biggest player in the market.
Without wasting time, let’s check out the step-by-step guide to enable two-step verification on WhatsApp.
How to enable Two-Step Verification on WhatsApp?
Enabling two-step verification on WhatsApp is very important to a layer of security on your WhatsApp account. Follow the steps mentioned below to turn on two-step verification on WhatsApp:
- Launch WhatsApp and tap on the three dots on the top right corner.
- Then tap on Settings and then on Account.
- There you will find the two-step verification option. Tap on it.
- After that, click on Enable and enter a six digit pin.
- Then click on Next and enter the six digit pin again.
- Once you are done, click on Next and an backup email address will be required to reset your pin.
- At last, WhatsApp will show you “Two-step verification is enabled”.
- You are done! Now your WhatsApp account is secured with two-step verification.
If you already have enabled two-step verificaion on your WhatsApp account, it’s good then, otherwise you should definitely do it right now to secure your WhatsApp account because security breaches are as common as dirt these days.
However, if you are facing any issue regarding WhatsApp two-step verification, let us know in the comment section below. We will be happy to help you.