Chatbot Design Trends For Better Customer Experience
The customer experience is the crucial factor influencing the company’s success, and the website is the number one issue for achieving this goal. Pleasant user experience refines customer loyalty and conversion rates.
Oracle surveyed over 800 marketing specialists about that topic. It showed that 80% of brands want to apply chatbots for their customer service. 36% of them are using chatbots to refine results.
Today, innovative solutions may save your company a lot of money, reputation and bring the ability to meet tricky customers’ demands. If you want to capture new technologies but you don’t know how to do it, feel free to outsourcing to Ukraine. This is a great opportunity to delegate complex IT tasks to the professionals that suggest affordable prices. At Diceus, we are passionate about tech know-how and we know the value of it.
The benefits of innovation are valuable for various areas of business. For example, experienced web designers apply new technologies like chatbots to develop a better customer experience. It helps to predict further user interactions and brings solutions on time.
Experts foresee that chatbot design trends will be around the following topics: Personality, Context, Use cases, Webviews and Omnichannel.
As a social animal, people search for a personal touch in the conversation. Besides, they desire a fast response instead of delayed answers. Personalization is a wonderful opportunity to engage the customers. For example, Poncho, the weather cat that acts as a “buddy” with its friendly manner to provide a conversation. Bot’s identity is made by a team of writers to attract twenty-somethings millennials and keep them interested.
Personality helps not only to retain users and develop empathy but decrease the number of words and topics that will be used in the chatting.
The ability to understand where and when the interactions take place and the context will help to gain an insight of the user needs. When the chatbot sees it, the success ratio will grow with a power to eliminate the frustration during the conversation.
3. Use Cases
Keep in mind that designers have two key obstacles to cope with. The first one is the ability to design new interactions in a relevant way. The second challenge is a deep analysis of the experiments in product design and understanding the best suitable way to fulfil customers’ needs and bring a profit to the company.
Experts believe that the best way to grow the return of investment is creating chatbots that will manage easy-to-answer questions, improving the volume of requests.
Developing needed conversation flows for each scenario is a challenge, and this is the reason why many messaging platforms add UI elements, like carousels and buttons.
Some designers believe that applying webviews won’t work with interfaces and voice assistants that are aimed to deal with the conversational problem. The recommendation to avoid webviews and start using the omnichannel approach.
What You Need to Consider for Applying Chatbot Design Trends
Bear in mind that chatbots can’t be one-size-fits-all. Your strategy needs to be built around your specific foundational goals and fits your entire brand.
Usability is a key component for the good UX design. So, the main goal is helping visitors to find solutions. And chatbots are aimed to help the users to navigate through the website. Moreover, they help to direct visitors and suggest them products.
Chatbot solutions will be more intuitive, served quicker, become simpler to follow them. That’s why it’s crucial to implement at least basic functional components to move your development in the right direction.
Chatbot UX Design Must-Haves
- A welcome notification/message. It’s important to set the tone for the conversation, figure out users’ abilities and suggest useful navigational tips. A relevant welcome message forms expectations and delivers a pleasant user experience.
- A failure alert. Users are willing to get the response to their actions, especially when they do something the first time. When they fail, it is valuable for them to know it and chatbot may suggest an alternative solution.
- Response buttons. These buttons allow to set a stage for the communication and make navigation easier. Challenges are overcome faster when visitors may share their experience by clicking response buttons that are direct. It helps to eliminate miscommunication.
- Rating buttons. This is valuable information about whether your chatbots are performing as it was planned. Rating buttons are a good way to let visitors share their experience whether everything runs smoothly or not. Even thumbs up or thumbs down approach may help to provide A/B testing to make sure certain features work correctly.
- Typing indicators. Let your visitors know that your chatbot responds through the typing indicators. It helps to personalize the cooperation and make conversations more natural. Moreover, this is a great way to send multiple responses to many users at the same time.
Technology vs. Design
Casey Phillips, AI Chatbot owner at Intuit believes that chatbots will become smarter, more capable and intuitive. So, UX design won’t be too valuable to the user experience.
Also, there is a discussion among bot builders whether chatbots will replace UX design or not. On the one hand, users don’t know how to interact witha chatbot. The principles of figuring out how your app or website will act when the visitors manipulate it are missed in some cases because developers pay more attention to the artificial intelligence’s features. On the other side, when clear expectations are set, the programmers may create chatbots totally responsible for the user experience. The main goal is creating the strategy on how to achieve this and what aspects require the most attention.
Besides, chatbots and UX design are intertwined and both are now key elements to the usability. So, developers have to blend UX principles with chatbots in a way that fit your brand and your users.
Let’s sum up. Nowadays, customers become more demanding than ever and chatbots allow to accelerate the response and make clients’ experience pleasant. Chatbots help to deliver personalization to the cooperation with your company and send messages that are relevant to the context.